Dandruff is one of the most common hair problems we all face. Men are at the receiving end of this annoyingly persistent problem very frequently. Scratching your head constantly with flakes falling on your shoulders can be a real dilemma for your hair as well as your social life. It isn’t the most pleasant of sights, especially when you’re trying to look your best. While it isn’t serious or contagious, it nonetheless, is chronic, causing a nuisance in your daily life. This dreadful problem can be controlled to a great extent by using anti-dandruff ingredients that make these troublesome agents buzz off!
What causes dandruff?
- Dry scalp: Dry scalp is the most prominent reason for flakes in hair. You are more prone to this condition in winter, where the dry weather strips your hair off of its natural oils.
- Sensitive scalp: Sensitive scalp is more vulnerable to fungus and germs. The fungus feeds on the scalp’s moisture causing dandruff to grow more and result in unhealthy hair.
- Unattended hair: The scalp skin cells can dry and die out if they are not cleaned enough. They can give rise to oily clusters, paving way for dandruff to multiply. Using anti-dandruff shampoos that have properties to fight off pollutants and fungus can help in preventing flaky hair.
How to curb dandruff?
- Keep your scalp moisturized
Oiling your hair to its roots frequently keeps your scalp moisturized. Dandruff can cause irritation and itching, thus resulting in a dry, itchy scalp. Oiling your hair frequently will make sure the surface of your scalp is moist and nourished. Using the right anti-dandruff shampoo can also ensure a moisturized scalp after every wash as it reaches the hair follicles, washing away all the pollutants and dirt from its very root.
- Healthy is the way forward
Eating healthy foods has got a lot to do with your scalp’s health. Food rich in Vitamin B and Zinc, fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6 prevent dandruff and support the growth of healthy hair. Foods like fish, eggs, yogurt, garlic etc. are proven to be beneficial for flaky hair.
- Use natural and soothing hair products
Using shampoos with natural ingredients prevent your hair from extremes like an oily, sticky scalp, or a dry, flaky scalp. Conditioning shampoos enriched with natural ingredients like Tea tree oil, Pionin, Caffeine and Saw palmetto plants clear the flakes and condition the hair and scalp, providing proper nourishment and moisture. It reaches the hair follicles providing care to the root of the hair, discouraging the emergence and growth of flakes. Free from harmful chemicals like parabens, sulphates and mineral oils, these relieve the scalp from the irritation and itching that the dandruff causes.
Dandruff is a chronic nightmare, but it doesn’t have to be a life-long subscription. Understand your hair and dandruff growth and avoid unhealthy hair care habits. Do away with the undesirable flakes and itchiness by choosing healthy and nourishing hair care shampoos. Unsubscribe from this headache right away and adorn your best look with a flake-free head!